THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL GREEN LIBRARIES CONFERENCE “LET’S GO GREEN!” (30.07.2018)
Place : Zagreb / Brijuni, Croatia, 8-10 November 2018
Organizer: National and University Library in Zagreb
Coorganizer: Croatian Library Association – Working Group for Green Libraries
With the support of IFLA Environmental Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group (ENSULIB) and Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia
Green and sustainable libraries represent a new branch of librarianship. Their aim is to educate users and promote and popularize sustainable development, organic food production, environmentalism, alternative energy and green technology, architecture and innovations.
The conference will provide an opportunity for participants/librarians to encounter the latest trends in the development of this new field and exchange experiences and examples of best practice. The program will include talks by scientists, experts and activists of international renown in the field of green libraries.
The conference will be held over two days and will conclude with an excursion.
- Building a green and sustainable library – architecture, adaptation, extension
- Green collections – collection development, availability of items, educating librarians
- Libraries and digital commons – knowledge commons, material footprint and artificial scarcity in knowledge access
- Interacting with the community – educating users, societal impact
- Green literacy and mental ecological education – sociology, medicine, cultural anthropology, ethnology, philosophy, ethics, bioethics in librarianship and the media
- Green projects and programs – presentation, realization, evaluation
Talks by invited speakers, accepted presentations, poster presentations and Workshops
The official language of the conference is English.
Submissions should include an abstract and a biography in English. The application form for abstracts can be found here. Submission deadline for abstracts is 30 April 2018. Acceptance notices will be sent by 2 June 2018.
The form for attendance applications can be found here. Early registration deadline is 30 September 2018. The registration fee is 50 EUR. Late registration deadline is 31 October 2018. The registration fee is 70 EUR. The fee for the Brijuni excursion, which takes place on 10 November 2018, is 30 EUR. A 25% value-added tax is included in the fees. The fees cover participation in the conference, materials (for attendees and students), a welcome drink, refreshments during breaks and a dinner.
Applicants will receive a pro forma invoice which needs to be paid by 2 November 2018 into the account of the National and University Library in Zagreb (WAT number 84838770814), IBAN HR66 2340 0091 1000 1008 1, SWIFT code: PBZGHR2X, Privredna banka Zagreb d.d., Zagreb, Croatia.
Bank fees for international payments are paid by the applicant.
A receipt will be sent upon payment.