BIBLIO MOOC - a course designed specifically for librarians (07.09.2021)
It is with great excitement that we are announcing the launch of the BIBLIO Massive Open Online Course starting October 4! This MOOC offers:
• state-of-the-art curricula developed and delivered by experts under high standards of quality assurance
• 26 modules covering transferrable and digital skills for library professionals
• a flexible weekly workload and schedule of 8-10 hours per week that you can complete at your own pace
• personalised support provided by experienced lecturers
• opportunity to meet, connect and network with peers from all over the world
• certification in accordance with the European and national qualification frameworks
• opportunity for participants who will successfully complete the MOOC to enlist in a specialised training programme and certify as Community engagement and communication officer or Digital transformation facilitator.
It is open to all and free of charge. Experience in librarianship is a plus but not mandatory. The course itself will require a 8-10 hour weekly commitment and participants with a 75% success rate of online assessments will receive the course certificate.
The BIBLIO project aims to address the skills gap in the library sector resulting from the digital transformation. In order to do this, a MOOC at EQF level 5 has been developed to support the upskilling and reskilling of library professionals as well as individuals interested in a career in librarianship.
The registration link to the MOOC.